Monday, March 22, 2010

Barn-to-Evening on the Road: Spring Training!






"I see great things in baseball." Walt Whitman

And the best way to see baseball is during spring training. A beautiful day at Charlotte County Stadium, the Twins v the Rays -- and did they ever v!
The human scenery, other than the 40-some-odd young men on the field and in the dugouts, was not so beautiful. How is it we can put a man on the moon and yet not have enough shelf bra tank tops for all the women in America who really need them? Somebody please get this girl a shrug.... And I'm sorry, gentlemen, there's no mistaking you for Francisco Liriano and Joe Mauer. They are the men doing the rigorous and vital work on the field; you are the fat slobs in the stands drinking beer.
The young lady in front of me had a more appropriate way to show her affection: a leather bracelet with baseball-style stitches and the name of the favorite on the front, held together with a baseball bead on the back.

4 comments:

  1. Great bracelet - creativity right there in the stands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's my homegrrl Emily up there talking at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved that bracelet design. I got my team's version of it back when I was falling in love with baseball in San Francisco. Go Giants! (Uh, I mean, Mariners...Guess I'll have to get a new bracelet now that I live in Seattle.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a cool idea that girl had with the bracelet.

    I like you don't own a lot of jewelry, pretty much the only things I really wear regularly are my college signet ring and my boyfriend's dog tags. Other than that the other jewelry takes turns. haha.

    and while I'm not a huge baseball fun, i cannot wait for football season! =)

    ReplyDelete