Sunday, April 11, 2010

Green Nod

Maria, at Bachman's Sparrow, was kind enough to give me a Sunshine Award on Friday, thank you VeRY MuCH!
Maria is doing beautiful work, steadily and handsomely combining a love of beautiful things with social and environmental awareness. I'm grateful for her voice and give her blog my highest recommendation.
I got to thinking and decided I'd offer an award of my own to some of my favorite blogs. I'll call it the Green Clean Shirt Off My Back Award, and I'm sending it out to five fun fashion and lifestyle champions I check out daily.

Maria's at the top of my list.

Next comes the lovely Dana's It's My Darlin'. You've probably heard me go on about Dana before. She never over-bills herself, she doesn't go on and on about the latest sales, she just goes about Seattle with her camera capturing street styles. Keep it up, Dana!

It's Sew My Style gets a green nod for her willingness to MaKE stuff, a skill I envy and one which defies consumerism. Even when she's shopping, she's really good at looks-for-less and shop-your-closet styles.

Oh no! I can only choose two more! This is going to be harder than I thought....

Evoluer has a beautiful, uncluttered and accessible layout, but that's not the only reason I check to see what she's up to every day. Her focus is What to Wear on Your Bike, and I just KnOW if I were living in a bike-and-skirt friendly climate, I'd ride mine more often.

And of course, I've got to shout out to the woman who started me on this path, the lovely and talented and willing-to-say-anything Deanna Duke at Crunchy Chicken. I could go on, but I'll let Deanna speak for herself. 

Thanks for all your good words, fellow bloggers!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the award!! The recogition means a lot to me. I'm going to have it post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. many thanks for the award Elea! Im flattered by your lovely comments. I will be sure to mention this & your blog this week!
    xo,
    eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elea! Wow, what an honor! I enjoy your blog so much too. I hope you are out enjoying this gorgeous day today. I just got home from a sunny Sunday morning adventure

    ReplyDelete