Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Life's What's Happening When You're Busy Googling Other Things


I was researching a favorite label for a blog post and came across English Retreads, who seem to be good folks doing quality work and doing their part morally.
Of course, I love a good bag (my sister is the Queen o' Bags and most of the bags I love have come from her), but I absolutely do not rush out and buy the bag of the moment or the bag of the season or even the bag of the year, and not just because I don't want to spend the sick amount of money these things require but because it bugs me to think that here's a large amount of time, money, cow or polyester, carbon, in short: resources, going into something that does not keep you warm and dry.
But I like what these guys do. These are enduring design values, good economic values, and high environmental values. They get inner tubes from truck stops! Yay, English Retreads.

(And P.S., they have stuff for boys, including some stud-ly bags and belts.)

9 comments:

  1. They are pretty cool. I once worked at an eco-boutique who carried some of their line. Super well made and clever design. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! inner tubes from truck stops? wow ... brilliant find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they do such wonders with used tyres! Maybe I will try to make one out of all my punctured bicycle tyres & tubes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool stuff! I really like that first bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. I do like bags but I rarely buy them. I've used my big red H&M bag for forever. Looks like a cool company I'll check them out :)

    xoxo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Groovy! There was a Seattle area company at the Urban Craft Uprising that did similar things with inner tubes.

    signed, Queen of the Bags (Elea's Sister)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh so cool! gotta love those extra special finds, even if it wasn't quite exactly what you were looking for. someday, it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the story of my life - looking for one specific something, but end up finding a bunch of other things (or maybe that's just with shopping?)

    English Retreads seems like a great brand and I'm glad you've introduced us to them!

    Thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog the other day. I really enjoy your product posts - I love learning about new brands and new things to buy/support :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, really amazing! I love the bag in the second pic! You have got a great blog! I follow u ;D Xoxo

    Ciao ciao cara! A presto!

    www.daddysneatness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete