Friday, April 16, 2010

Match this Kitsap Palette: Hubcap


Twice now, I've posted Match this Kitsap Palette posts which are heavy on the orange and black. I'm no pumpkin fan.... Okay, um, that's a lie. I'm a huge pumpkin fan. But I guess what I mean to say is, I'm not really a big Halloween fan, so that's not why my eye is drawn to that color combination. But I do love the color orange, and I really appreciate contrast, especially in the spring in the Pac NW, because there are too many muted, lovely-lady, well-behaved colors: twenty-seven shades of green; cloudy, foggy grays; lavender-shmavender up the wazzoo. Enough! Give me something loud and bright and in-your-face. A bright, shining orange hubcap.

3 comments:

  1. Love the orange hubcap! I love orange also...don't wear it much but am always attracted to it.
    Fun to give an vintage car a fashion twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we just stumbled across your blog and we LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
    Will definitely be following!

    http://brunchatbarneys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. the hubcap photo is amazing, and I like the outfit you chose to match it. however, not sure I can pull off the orange and black ensemble...too All Hallow's Eve with my black cat nearby. lol.

    ReplyDelete